Saturday, April 24, 2010

Promotional Modeling Experience

So today was the in-store promotional modeling event for the FACE charity fashion show (Fashion, Auction, Compassion, Event). *hurray and much applauding!* I arrived five minutes early and headed up to the second floor as I had been told and then promptly had to wait to get my designer Barney's New York wardrobe on. Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of the outfits I got to wear today, but I did get a picture of the awesome shoes (and many compliments on my cute summer hat and dress)! The shoes were very fun to walk in and walking up and down stairs in them became progressively easier. I think they were maybe five or six inch heels.

Before I was dressed up, I was given the rundown: the FACE event is on April 29th, 2010 at 6:30pm and there will be a fashion show for Barney's NY clothing. It is in SODO park, Seattle. There will be wine tasting and an auction and of course the fashion show and its for charity. A great event to attend and support. Tickets are available for purchase online at http://www.faceseattle.com. Be there or be square!

I was to tell the store customers the details of the fashion show and give anybody who is everybody a flyer/invite. It was interesting to note that most of the people coming into Barney's NY store were from out-of-town. One couple was from Australia and their next destination was New York. Another lady was from Canada.

All in all, it was quite an eventful day. I am stoked for the fashion show and can't wait to go out, walk the runway and meet some very important people in the Seattle fashion industry. One great thing to remember about being a fashion model (or being ANYTHING involving work/some kind of career) is that it is ALL about connections and networking. The more people you know, the better off you are.

The promotional modeling event today also reminded me how much I love to model. I have never "promo-ed" for anything before, but it was quite simple. I was "out of my comfort zone" in some ways, but I felt completely in my element. I was also portraying a different person, a different me. Someone that all my great friends from school never really see (or even my family, for that matter). As I was reflecting on my day, I came up with a cool expression for what models do:

We must be versatile and transform. We have to embody our character given to us, embody our role, as an actor or actress does. We fashion models get to make like a chameleon.

Thanks for reading!

Briauna Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment