Saturday, July 03, 2010

Tips on Model Posing

Tips on Model Posing

I was contacted by a fashion photographer on modelmayhem.com (MM) a while ago from Seattle with an amazing portfolio. She provided links to videos on her profile to illustrate the kind of modeling she would love to see. And if you want to model, you must practice, practice, practice. Practice modeling in the mirror; practice modeling when you’re outside. The world is your runway and your own personal photoshoot.

The modeling in the videos was insanely beautiful and inspiring. This is now one of my current goals in my modeling career: to reach the level of perfection I saw in the links.

What’s all the hype about? See for yourself! My favorite is the last one, with model Agyness Deyn. She has become one of my favorite models now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1mo9D6Tx1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oISx0tdN3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmK2vIsx9M (this one is the best!)

If you practice in the mirror, trying to do what these beautiful ladies did in the videos, you will, no doubt, get better and better at modeling. Make your movements flow. Upon watching these videos, I got in front of the mirror and posed. I didn’t think about my poses because, if you think, the poses will be choppy.

It’s like dancing. If you treat posing like a dance, you will learn what works, what doesn’t, and you will become more aware of your body and how it moves. Don’t stop moving and changing and dancing.

It would help to have music playing in the background. That way, you can obtain a certain mood in your modeling and you have something to keep time for you.

Try it for yourself! Feel free to share your experiences and successes!

Thanks for reading!

Briauna Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment